Age Group:Tweens (9 to 11 years) , Teens (12 to 18 years) , College-Aged , Adults , Older Adults , Families , All Ages
Instructor Allyn Watson records Sew-Along with Allyn- Where Happiness is Homemade, a series of online classes showcasing a variety of sewing projects for beginners. These digital recordings will be posted to the Library’s Events Calendar and Facebook pages at 9:00 am on the first and third Fridays in June and July.
Week 2: Chapstick and pocket tissue holders
* 2 - 2 inch by 7 inch piece of fabric
* Optional iron-on light to medium weight fusible interfacing 2 x 7 inches
* A piece of ribbon 2-3 inches (option: you could make this using fabric that is 2 inches by 4 inches)
Pocket Tissue Holder:
* 1 - 6 by 6 inch piece of outer fabric
* 1 - 6 by 8 inch piece of lining fabric
* Optional lace, ribbon, yoyo or button accent object
Supplies will be posted to the calendar and the library Facebook page the week before the instructional videos go online for all future classes.
This project is part of a 2019 Library Services and Technology Act Grant and supported by the Arizona State Library, Archives & Public Records, a division of the Secretary of State, with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.